1. Go to this web site and permanently opt out of pre-screened offers. http://www.optoutprescreen.com
2. You will have to print and mail the form for opt out to be permanent.
3. Opt out of sharing "personal information... with others or used for promotional purposes" with the credit unions. Print and fill out this letter. http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/
(Download a Word document I created here)
4. Consider registering at https://www.dmachoice.org/ to reduce mailings and offers from members of the Direct Marketing Association.
5. Bonus Round: Reduce unwanted catalogs at www.catalogchoice.org.